computer problem

fingmung

Does anyone know how to transfer my cool edit pro program onto my new computer? ive lost the cd and everything whilst moving house and desperately want the program on my new super dooper fantastic computer. Any advice at all would be awesome.
cheers

fingmung said:
Does anyone know how to transfer my cool edit pro program onto my new computer? ive lost the cd and everything whilst moving house and desperately want the program on my new super dooper fantastic computer. Any advice at all would be awesome.
cheers

chances are, CE has an install program that makes new entries and changes settings in/to the registry when you install it. windows and CE need those to tell it what to do. It might be possible the software vendor could tell you everything that needs to be done, but in most cases it will be impossible without an install routine.

if you try to change the registry and damage it, you might have to totally reinstall windows. I have several books just on the windows registry and I can tell you that few people (including microsoft employees) really understand all the interrelations between the registry and window. I know I don't.

the people at cool edit are/were very customer oriented, if you have any documentation at all that you own their product, they will try to find a way to help you.

jon

the people at cool edit are/were very customer oriented

Cool Edit Pro no longer exists. Syntrillium was bought by Adobe and the program is now Adobe Audition. You might contact Adobe about your problem...other people have reported success in dealing with them.

If you have the old "key" you dont need anything else. You can download the software from some source and get it to work instantly. You can also mail adobe your username and key and ask for a copy of what ever available by them.

Back