Computer or Digital Multitrack Recorders?

Metalchild23

I was just wondering what everyone thought about both, I should get opinions about both worlds before I go and spend money.

Well, I'm a bit of a newbie myself, but I went with a digital multitracker based studio and haven't regretted it yet. It gives you a lot more freedom in some ways. I can simply carry my multitracker to wherever I want to record, rather than having to lug my desktop PC off to this place and that. Plus, you can always mix on the PC (and should!) even if you go with a multitracker, and simply use it as a handy capture device. In that sense I always thought it was the best of both worlds: the power of PC editing and the ease of use of old cassette portastudios.

It's nice having actual, tangible faders. Maybe that's just me.

i'm pc all the way. imho - more flexibility.
i'm not limited by track counts on a pc.
also i get more track editing flexibilty.

I was a stand alone multitrack guy for awhile but now I'm tracking with a Zoom mrs1044 and dumping the wave files onto my laptop and mixing with Cubase. So I guess both for me. The computer software is way more versitile than the MRS but for now I just have the sound card that is part of my laptop so I need the Zoom for recording.

Back