Computer fans too slow/quiet?

Arranger

Is this possible? I just built a new PC - Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L MB, Core 2 Wolfdale 8400 3.0gHz with Intel boxed fan, basic case with 120mm fan (3 wire connect.)

Problem? Maybe?
The processor fan and system fan are running at 800rpm. Now before you jump the gun, the processor is cool as a cucumber at 15 degrees Centigrade. I don't know if there actually is a problem but it is so quiet I actually turned it off at initial boot to be sure I wasn't frying the processor. The power supply (new Corsair 550w) fan also is running but doesn't sound like it's laboring or tornadic, it just runs and seems OK. One 7500rpm HDD, one simple DVD drive, no other cards and no other software running other than XP and the MB drivers.

Could it be that the system is just operating fine and the fans are nearly unnecessary in my cooler workspace? I thought about pushing the processor a bit to see if the fan speeds would rise automatically, but just didn't go there yet.

Looking for your thoughts. Thanks :)

I just built a media pc with the same Corsair power supply and it is pretty damn quiet. I used a Cool Master case (on of the tiny ones for media pc's) and the case fan is great too. The damn hard drive is louder than the pc !!!! Got to love it !!!! Just set the temperature alarm in the bios and run the shit out of it. :)

Update

Gigabyte PC monitor is faulty. Processors are running at 44 and 33. Still reasonable. Case fan was, guess what, an 800rpm fan! What was I thinking? BIOS had CPU fan on auto adjust and dialed back too far. Got all fans up to 1500+ and I'm happy.

Now, I'll reinstall the CPU fan and see if I can get the core temps to even out a bit.

It's still Stealthy-quiet. Thanks for the votes of confidence!

Back