Computer Case: Mid or Full Tower?

giaschel

Hello.
Although the difference in price is not that much, I'm still wondering, if everything fits in a mid-tower, why go with a full tower?

Also, I've heard that, when getting a 300W power supply, you can get a 250W one without knowing it. Is there a quick way to verify that?

Thanks for the info. :cool:

I'd go for a full tower. It's always nice to have that extra space for whatever odd stuff you decide to put in.

It should say on the PSU label what effect it is. As always, if the label doesn't tell the truth, you're being screwed. I don't know of any easy way to verify that it can handle 300W. If it used 300W all the time, you could meassure the ampere but to verify that it can handle 300W, you have to load it with 300W worth of equipment and see what happens.

i got the widest mid tower case i could find , so it will hold more beer bottles on top. i bought my power supply separately. i went with a sparkle 350W, but there are other brands that are reliable....

this pc can do table...maybe not coffee table, but you can get a hell of a lot of beer bottles on it.....;)

Plus, that thing that says "CD-ROM" or "DVD" on it has a nifty little slide out drink holder built in.

You get as many bottles as you can fit on the case, pick one up and drink it, put it down and take the next one...repeat until drunk (if you have a large case). Otherwise you have to run back and forth to the fridge all the time.

Back