compressor or no?

tomb

im trying to get good vocal and acoustic compression. do i need to buy like say a midiman tampa? or is there a good software compressor? i prefer the software, also is there anywhere that has a recording mic kit? i need enough mics to record a 6 piece drumsets, two guitar amps and a good vocal mic. we bought a 79.99 condesor mic from musicians friend. it sounds beter then what we had, bbut was wondering if i need to get a beter ojne, or could i use antares mic modeling software to get good effects?

RNC blows pretty much all the plug-in compressors(not sure about the dSP ones like the TC or UAD-1 card) but if your looking for some good plug-in compressor try the Waves Renaissance package IMO best assembled plug-in package...they have a compressor and a specific compressor for the vox which is compretty good in IMO(a lil to simplistic) but when it works it works no denying that...

Man, for recording vocal tracks, there is no substitute for a hardware compressor. You don't have to spend that much money on one, and in all honesty, you might acctually only do a little compression with the hardware, and then add a lot more with the software. Regardless, a half-decent comp is a pretty big deal for getting good levels without clipping... Esspecially with vox

Back