Compliment for Baby Bottle?

Juggernaut

Well I just upgraded my preamps and I figured I might as well start thinking about new mics cause I'm fairly limited right now. My one vocal condensor is the Baby Bottle and have found that it just doesn't cut it on many souces.

Other mics I have are D112, MC-012s, and an MD421.

So far I have been looking at soundelux, peluso, and some of the other BLUE line.

I'd like to keep the price (used) under $1000, though in all likelyhood by the time I actually buy something I will have more than I thought I would for it, because I deliberated for so long.

Basically my go to mic in studios is a U87, though there is no way I could afford one (for now). So what would be something that would give me that nice slightly colored, airy sound, that would also compliment what I have?

I think you'd like a U195. I assume that's what you meant when you said you were considering a Soundelux mic, since no other Soundelux mics are anywhere near your price range. I got one from Tidepool audio fairly cheap.

Hello bitches, I think one of the best bang for the buck newer mics is the Microtech-Gefell UMT70s or UMT71s. I recently bought two of the suckers I like 'em so much. A little out of your price range but definitely worth the little extra. I definitely prefer this in lots of applications to the u87ai and even to the orginal u87. Another bonus is if you actually ever want to sell these they will retain their value.

Last edited:
cominginsecond said:
I think you'd like a U195. I assume that's what you meant when you said you were considering a Soundelux mic, since no other Soundelux mics are anywhere near your price range. I got one from Tidepool audio fairly cheap.

I realize that the others are outside of my "budget", but usually by the time I have done deliberated, I have saved up the extra "bit" (or alot) to go the extra mile. :D

Back