Complete newbie

Caseeno8

Hi, just starting out here with home recording. I am using cakewalk as my dad and a laptop. I am just going to be using a minimal setup to begin recording my accordion. What I need to know is it better to use a USB mic to record or buy a cable that plugs into my accordion and the other in end would have a USB plug? So cable from accordion to USB directly or use USB mic to record. What is the better way for quality?

Thank you
Chris

The better way is to use an audio interface. They combine all the features you need for recording. It will require a mic and an XLR cable, but that means you can use different mics.

[Edit] An audio interface would also allow you to connect an instrument pickup. You could even use the pickup and a mic at the same time.

Hi, just starting out here with home recording. I am using cakewalk as my dad and a laptop. I am just going to be using a minimal setup to begin recording my accordion. What I need to know is it better to use a USB mic to record or buy a cable that plugs into my accordion and the other in end would have a USB plug? So cable from accordion to USB directly or use USB mic to record. What is the better way for quality?
Does your Accordion have an interface? Commonly you would go from the Accordion (with an interface) to an Audio Interface into the Computer. Then you come out of the interface with some sort of speakers or headphone to monitor your system.

Back