Compatable Version???? Help!!!

RyanHubris

While I was working on a song for this album I'm working on (with Sonar 4), my computer randomly decided to restart. Not a hugely uncommon thing for my computer to do, but this time was a big difference. When I tried to open up the song I was working on, I got this error:

The file you are trying to open is not compatable with this version of SONAR.

What gives???? It would be horrible if I wasn't able to open this song anymore.... I can open all the rest of the songs on the album just fine without the error.

Is there anyway around this? Help is greatly appreciated.

You have a workable backup, right?

If not, you may be hosed. You might have to rebuild your project from the audio files.

No backup :(

I did a few searches and looks like I'm s.o.l.

I can either do a rebuild from my files, or I might just take the current .wav mixdown I have of it, import it and add in the little tambo part I needed. (the song is like 98% finished)

Unless someone has a miracle fix to this, we might as well turn this into a "WWYD, or what DID you do, in this situation" thread. Yaaah?

There were threads on the Cakewalk forum reporting similar behaviour, some of which maintained they had sent the damaged file to Cakewalk who had flipped a bit somewhere and reset it thereby allowing the file to open correctly.

I had a similar instance but was able to revert to a backup file so didn't test the support angle.

Gotta be worth a try...

Ciao,

Q.

Back