comp plugin for bass

tc4b

Yeah I been drinkin, SO!?
I'm mixing more and more 'in the box' these days and selling off my rack gear as it languishes. One piece I still use is my symetrix 501 for bass (along with my sansamp rbi). I'm keeping the sansamp for the forseeable future, but I wouldn't mind dumping the 501 if there's a good software alternative.

I should mention that the main reason I need a comp on bass is my lack of skill. I'm unable to tame my dynamics sufficiently through technique alone, so I need a little help. I'm not proud.

UAD LA-2A....granted, its really the only comp I've used for bass (asides from the Classic Compressor, which is alright), but its really cool sounding.

Kjaerhus Classic Compressor does a great job on bass for a freebie. I tend to use it a lot on my home recordings for all sorts of stuff. There are certainly better VST compressors available, but I haven't found any freebies that are as good.

Kjaerhus Classic Compressor does a great job on bass for a freebie. I tend to use it a lot on my home recordings for all sorts of stuff. There are certainly better VST compressors available, but I haven't found any freebies that are as good.

That's a good freebie alright, really like the presets with the enhanced attack, forget what it's called...Bass Attack maybe? It's good.

Back