Combining two .wavs as one song

bunkmusician

I have a song I'm working on, and I decided to split it in half and use two different sessions of cool edit.

Now, my question is, will I lose sound quality by mixing down each sessions tracks, then combining the mixdown of each sessions, and then again mixing it down to create the final .wav? I wouldn't think this would change anything since everything has stayed in the .wav format. However, someone last night told me otherwise, so I'm trying to get this straight.

Thanks.

I have a song I'm working on, and I decided to split it in half and use two different sessions of cool edit.

Now, my question is, will I lose sound quality by mixing down each sessions tracks, then combining the mixdown of each sessions, and then again mixing it down to create the final .wav? I wouldn't think this would change anything since everything has stayed in the .wav format. However, someone last night told me otherwise, so I'm trying to get this straight.

Thanks.
nope :)

As long as you're not changing sample rate or bit depth then it's fine. WAV is lossless. Well, not even lossless because it's uncompressed.

If it were MP3's you were working with, you'd lose quality each time.

Back