College Girl

gmiller1122

Addled but happy
Hey, all --

Here's a new tune I'd appreciate you checking out. It's my first time recording my own drumming -- comments on this (playing/recording of...) and anything else (vocals, overall mix, lyrics, etc.) would be great. Thanks.

G

:confused:

10 listens, no comments...understandable

20 listens, no comments...acceptable

30 listens, no comments...questionable

45 listens, no comments...priceless (making me think I totally suck)

If you hate it, tell me why...just tell me.

(thanks)

Oh yeah, bump...

kick sounds like cardboard, snare sounds like cardboard. I like the bass line, I like some of the guitar.... but its just not mixed well. The drums, especially the cymbals, are a big no. The vocals sound somewhere between the doors and dying (literally)... but you get used to it after awhile. I don't think its a matter of talent, the recording wasn't pulled off, that's all.

If you take a step back from the annoyances, its really cool like 60'ish. And you start to actually like it after alittle. I still think you can record it better.

The rythms on the guitar are pretty cool.... and uh, its just the drums I think are the main problem. cool 60's sounding tho!

please check out my latest sample and flame me :) -> https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=123476

I lent an ear earlier but had to leave.
Once more I'm listening to it.

In the beginning, when that guitar comes in, it, how do I say this???, it lacks life. I've found that by laying a few extra tracks, no matter how good they sound when they are recorded, it gives a better choice of tracks to choose from.

I'd bring the drums up some, maybe a lot. They sound like they are off in the next room.
The bass is tolerable. I like a bass that you can feel though, through the body and soul.

I like the vocals. The raw grating adds to the mood.

The lyrics are fine, as far as I'm concerned.

Over all the recording could stand some work. I wouldn't say the mixing so much as the actual recording. The better your tracks are laid, the better the sound.

Beyond that, I really like the tune. I liked all your stuff. ;)

Thanks, guys -- I really appreciate the comments.

powerkor -- I love the 60's sound, and while I don't know enough about mixing to duplicate it, I guess I fiddle w/the knobs until it sounds as decent as possible. I agree the drums are the weakest link. They're fun to play, but man, they're tough to record.

badgas -- I also agree about the guitar in the beginning. I am definitely going to re-record that.

Again, thanks. This has helped a lot.

G

Back