Collaboration Thread

studioviols

I give this bbs these lyrics, all particpants may dice, slice, cut, etc ... anyway they feel.

These lyrics were born of frusteration at being labeled a 'straight' person. I was trying to get some business started with a production manager-friend-fan of a band, and the first thing they told me was 'gee, you are cute for a straight guy', so I ignored it at first, but it became obvious that the dialouge was predicated on wether or not I would 'fess up' to my straightness. The dialouge we were having seemed always colored by their sexual perceptions of me ... anyway, the business didn't happen ... so I wrote these lyrics.

These lyrics do have a 'melody' in mind and a genre and instrumentation. When I write lyrics, I am sometimes 'hearing the whole song', this one started off with a mood, and went through the following feelings. I'm thinking power-pop-punk, post-punk romantic sort of kind of ... greenday if you will ...

And I will say that sometimes things are never meant to be, even this song, which may never be anything but a little clod of dirt you and I kick around in the street ... whatevuh ...

Frusteration, confusion, anger, betrayal, submission, non-judgement, insecurity, identity ... are the things I was feeling as I wrote these words, with the band playing the music somewhere distant in my mind's ear.

The following lyrics are an idea, a concept, a rough draft. Re-write them, sing them, track them, they are yours to do whatever you wish with.

If you wanna get philosophical, mean, happy, you may do anything you wish as long as your doctor approves :D .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERSE:
---------------------
I wish I was gay, I'd be so welcome.
I wish I was queer, I'd have so many friends.
I wish I was different, not like the straight folks.
At least bisexual, I'd have the best of both worlds.

CHORUS :
---------------------
But I'm just a hetero, man I'm so cliche.
I'm just a regular guy, chicks love in every way.
But if I were a faggot, I'd be so cool,
I'd have a TV show, then I'd rule.

VERSE :
--------------------
I wish I was a pansy, dressed in pink slacks.
I wish I was effiminate, like Louis the XIII and all that.
I wish you were gay too,
Then you could love me wierd and shit.

I wish everyone was same sexing it.
Then I'd have to be straight.

CHORUS:
-----------------------
But I'm just a homo, man I'm so cliche.
I'm just a gay guy, men love in every way.
But if I were a straight guy, wow I'd be so cool.
I'd have a way cool band, and sing super cool tunes.

OUTRO (or additional materials to be developed):

But were all just having it,
Anyway we want.
And that's just fine I say.
Maybe I'm confused about this point.

I don't understand it,
But I like a woman's breasts
Is it ok to fantasize about her naked chest ?

We don't understand it,
Everyone's the same.
We all want it, we all play the game.
It's where kids come from,
Most of the time.

Hey, if everyone was doing it
Everything would be fine.

But I'm just a man.
You don't know what I want.
But you wanna know,
cuz you don't know what you are.

And that's fine hey,
I'm not putting you down or anything.
You can do what you want
and still be my friend.

I had planed on working on a different track tomorrow, (sunday) in the studio but, I might take a stab at doing something with this.

It's defiantly a topic I haven't covered before and it might be a real departure from the semi-normal stuff I sing about.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers! :)

Well, I started putting some music together for it on my keyboard which has a 16 track sequencer built into it but, I started to feel like crap and got a bad headache so had to put it to rest for the time being.

I like the words for the first two verses and the first solo but didn't get past to the rest of the lyrics yet so, hopefully if I am feeling better, I will continue working on it.

I put up something else at NWR today just for fun in the meantime until I can thoroughly disturb you all with this project on Studioviols lyrics.

Well, I have been working further on this little piece and I am hearing something completely different in my head as a music idea so far.

I have heard it in my mind, not as a punk tune but as a broadway style tune with duelling characters who are singing against each other in a battle of wills. One who is rigid and manly and the other who is got a crowbar, prying at the lock to escape out of the closet!!

I have found a few different moods in the music so far but want to do this right and do justice to the lyrics but, I am finding it difficult to do this type of music as it is vastly different then what I traditionally do musically.

I am trying and working in spurts when the mood and inspiration strike me so, be patient. I haven't abandoned it!

I'm thickled pink !

------------------------

shore is mighty kind of ya ta give mah lil' tune a whirl thar ...

===========================================

Has the GHOST become ... the 'Beast' ?

=====================
=====================

Isn't it amazing that something spontaneous sometimes makes the best grist for milling ... hmmm

Ok, it's done & over at the clinic, ready to be dissected!

I worked all morning and half the afternoon on it.

Leave your thoughts on it over there at the clinic!

Thanks for the great lyrics, Pat!

Just totally humbled that I can be a part of another musicians inspiration. All warm and fuzzy.

The Ghost of FM is very talented, eclectic, and is dedicated to the hard work of music, and this bbs.

Here are the relevant threads.

Download or Stream :
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3354&alid=-1

The most current thread in the MP3 Clinic - (release) :
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98721

First Songwriting Clinic thread - (Seeds) :
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97924

Very First MP3 Clinic thread - (Sparks) :
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97846

Back