Collab - Lonely...now with True eurt on Vox

Nice to hear a Colab again.

I really dug the mood of the tune, really cosey and well arranged.

I really enjoyed the Vox on this, You got some great pipes True.
Really Wrapped nicely around the 1 st vox, wich also sounded good.:)

thanks for sharing

I'm moving to live in Hong Kong Thrursday next week...I don't have any time to really do much mixing anymore

Wow Monkey..Hong Kong? That's a long way off...oh wait, you are from Aussieland...so how much farther can Hong Kong be...closer maybe?

You won't be able to do any recording while you are living there?

So many questions.:D

Nice to hear a Colab again.

I really dug the mood of the tune, really cosey and well arranged.

I really enjoyed the Vox on this, You got some great pipes True.
Really Wrapped nicely around the 1 st vox, wich also sounded good.:)

thanks for sharing
Thank you Naka!:)

Wow Monkey..Hong Kong? That's a long way off...oh wait, you are from Aussieland...so how much farther can Hong Kong be...closer maybe?

You won't be able to do any recording while you are living there?

So many questions.:D

Hey...yeah, it's just an 8 hour flight...so not too far away...not like going to London or something which is about a 24 hour flight.

I won't be able to do any recording there straight away...but I'm going there to work for 2 years, so I hope to set up with a laptop, a firewire card and a mic of some kind. Probably buy an acoustic guitar after I get there. Gonna buy Sonar 7 too I think.

From Brisvegas to Honkers - at least you're used to water, high rise & asin fusion cooking. All you need to get used to is the language, and the lack of space, and the hectic life style and - nah, 2 years, work, 8 hrs - you'll love it.
I look forward to laptop recording tips soon.
Oh, & the forum is international afterall - you've no need to be alone then!

Hey, a little while ago we posted this online collab song:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=244904

Well, True eurt has been good enough to add some BU Vox and now you can listen on soundclick.

The song is called "Lonely - With True Vox".

If you remember the original song...then you might be interested to hear it now with what True has done.

Should be the 5th song at this soundclick link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=355705

Thanks to Kevin Allen & True

Hey Monkey and True,

I listened to this the other day and got caught up and forgot to return to comment, so I am back, had another listen.
Both vocal tracks have their own unique qualities, two strong vocal tracks. I agree with the "a little too much reverb" comments. I enjoyed my listens. I can only suggest that the two vocal tracks could do with a little further separation in the stereo field. The main vocal obviously benefits from sitting front and centre and maybe True's vocals would benefit from a little more room by having two tracks, one hard left and one hard right or similar.
I say this because each voice is great yet a few times the two vocal tracks seeme to trip over each other slightly.

The guitar sounds fine, maybe a tad more lows in the solo but still sounds great, very fitting and tailored to suit.

Thanx for sharing guys, nice work! :)

Hey thanks ray and gorty...I'm leaving in a couple of days. Next time I hang out here I'll probably be in HK. Oh man!

Very nice collab - a lot of Lennon actaully and a lot of soul backing it up. The mix is good overall but I'm torn on the reverb. It does produce a very country vibe from a few years back. Best wishes on your trip to HK Mr Allen....

:D:):D:)

Back