Cogs

This is a great example of how limiting can be done while keeping things glued together and still natural sounding (versus "flattened") - creating space where things pop in 3D space. You happened to get the vocals perfect right out of the gate on this one.

I'd probably have moved the hi hat slightly more center and pulled it back a hair - it's dominating the upper freq range on the left and could still be heard w/o needing so much room on the soundstage.

Nice work, bud. Interesting piece, well constructed in a Pink Floyd meets Zappa echo.

Sounds excellent on my playback system, sir. Interesting song, well done! :thumbs up:

Man.... there's a lot of good recordings here. Amazing.
Hey, thanks for listening, glad it sounded ok! Yes, lots of very talented, great musicians and music on here, I have learned so much over the years and am constantly inspired by listening to everyone's music!
I like this kind of stuff. It's got some nice creative changes, at bit eclectic, yet it works!

Nice sounding mix, too.
I like eclectic! Thanks for the listen!
This is a great example of how limiting can be done while keeping things glued together and still natural sounding (versus "flattened") - creating space where things pop in 3D space. You happened to get the vocals perfect right out of the gate on this one.

I'd probably have moved the hi hat slightly more center and pulled it back a hair - it's dominating the upper freq range on the left and could still be heard w/o needing so much room on the soundstage.

Nice work, bud. Interesting piece, well constructed in a Pink Floyd meets Zappa echo.
Thanks Kev! Really relaxed on this "vocal" after all the ups and downs of my last songs attempt. I agree about the hi hat, and actually changed the drum track quite a bit, a lot less hi hat present now ! Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate your comments and feedback !!!

Here is a link to new mix, OP actually plays new mix as well...had to get rid of the heavy hi hat one ;>)

Back