COA2 - Handy Utility I Found

aaroncomp

1-20-2009
This isn't purely music related, but thought it could be of benefit for your music programs at some point in time. I've been in the situation many times where I would like to move a program from one HDD to another. As most know, moving the folder itself is inadequate, as there are several shortcuts, shared files, registry entries, etc. that won't recognize the change. Therefore, you are stuck with uninstall/reinstall. There do exist programs that can clone entire drives, but that tackles a different beast. So, after doing some googling, I came across COA2, or Change of Address 2.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,7822,00.asp

You have to do a free sign-up with Pcmag to get the download. I'm sure deeper googling will reveal another host not requiring sign-up. I've tried it with one program so far and the program hasn't skipped a bit since relocating. I simply copied the directory to the new drive and deleted the old one (or you can just use the move function) and told COA2 the new and old location and it did the rest. Hope others can find a use for this program.

Back