CMV563 versus Behringer B1

waky

Hi!
Hello,
I want buy any condensed MIC.

Old Neuman CMV563(M7,M8,M9) or new B1(or B2),
please tell me what is better, when price is same.

thanks
waky

And that's intact, right? With all the electronics, the capsule and everything, In full working order? It's not just the outer shell?

I thought old Neumanns usually cost an arm and a leg?

WELL!!... First go here and take a look...

Neumann CMV563

then go here and see what a CMV563 is worth...

Neumann CMV563 valuation (top of the page)

Then even if you don't like it, BUY IT!!.

Resell it!!.... And buy thirty Behringer B1's with the proceeds from the sale of the CMV563 and.....

NEVER FREQUENT THIS FORUM AGAIN!!! :mad:

Just kidding! ;)

Seriously if you can get for that price, working with the power supply, buy it quickly before I DO!! ;)

Last edited:
And please be sure to post the name and contact details for the person who's selling this mic as I have a great deal for him on some land in Eastern Europe (near a little town called Chernobyl).

Sorry

sorry
I´am a begginner. and my english it isn´t good.
i read on the NET information about CMV563 per this price
and i find reviews.

Thanks for ALL

waky

Actually I read a story about a couple of guys that made several trips to some of the Eastern Bloc countries a few years back and bought up shitloads of old Neumanns, AKG's, Telefunkens, Gefells etc for absolutely obscenely low prices from defunct, mainly Government owned, studios and radio stations.

I think there was a bit of 'black market' stuff going on.
They even 'procured' boxes full of mic tubes like the Telefunken VF14 as used in the U47 which are no longer made.

I've read that, even if you can find one, VF14's can fetch over $1000! :eek:

I have dreams about rolling around waist deep in C12's, U47's, U67's.... "STOP IT!!"...

I mustn't think about this anymore!! ;)

I am looking at some old CMV563 mics and unless you can buy them already in completely working condition they are just too expensive to repair. The street on them is only $1200.

Neumann charges $70 per hour for repairs. Parts and cleaning average around $800 so you may be into one of these for what its worth.

If you get one for free and get it running the cost could be $1200. If you buy one working the cost is $1200.

The sound is just OK from one source I talked to and you might be better off picking up a TLM103 or some other $1200 condensor and have a better sound.

Here's the deal, you pick up one that's working and I'll pick up a B1 and we can swap straight across. :D

Back