Closed Circuit TV - RF noise?

darwin

Since construction of a window will be impractical, I am considering CCTV (Closed-Circuit-TV) for my studio. Previously, I read about some usage of CCTV in this BBS. I wanted to revisit this topic. I am worried about any noise or line interference which could cause me audio problems by running coaxial cable alongside audio or speaker cables. I have learned that there are LCD monitors which can receive and broadcast a coaxial input, or at least there are commercially available signal converters which will do this. So a CRT monitor won't be involved here. So, can I expect a fairly noise-free venture? In the studio wall, can I mount the coax in the same breakout box that I run the XLR and balanced line cables through without RF interference?

Thanks in advance,

You can run audio lines along with video lines with no problem what so ever. Speaker cables and mains voltages (118VAC) on the other hand can induce crap on audio and video lines if ran parrallel with each other over a distance and this should be avoided. Just keep power lines isolated from speaker lines and audio and video lines isolated from everything else and it'll be fine.

Back