clocking/syncing issues Ramsa DA7, Tascam 1884, Behringer ADA8000 ART SyncGen

Dark Star Balla

I'm catching it trying to lock my Ramsa DA7, 1884 & Behringer ADA8000 to my ART SyncGen. I've tried several different combinations tho I have not tried making the ADA8000 the master. Right now I have the SyncGen out > 1884 in & 1884 out > DA7 in. I have 3 slots in the DA7 slot 1 AD/DA (Analog card), slot 2 ADAT Card (1884) & slot 3 ADAT card (ADA8000). Before I tore down I had the DA7 & 1884 working well together. introduce more digital gear it all goes to hell! lol I have not begun to work the 828 mkII & RME ADI-8 pro into the mix yet.
Any insight to offer? Any clarification needed let me know.

Well...it's not so much what all the gear is that is connected, but more so how you are connecting it all and the digital formats running between them. How is ech piece connected to the other?
Do you have Word Clock to all from the ART SyncGen?

1884 Firewire > PC
1884 Analog ins/outs > DA7 ad/da card slot 1
1884 ADAT in/out > DA7 ADAT card slot 2
Behringer ADA8000 in/out > DA7 ADAT card slot 3

Motu 828mkII firewire > PC

RME 1/4" outs > 828 ins
RME ADAT aux/main > 828 ADA in/out

SyncGen out > DA7 in
SyncGen out > 1884 in
SyncGen out > Motu 828 mkII in
SyncGen out > RME ADI-8 pro in
Behringer ADA8K > DA& out/thru

Optional RME BNC in > Motu 828mkII BNC out??
Going to get terminators for them all tomorrow.

Art SyncGen also has 2 spdif connection but in all honesty not really sure how they work (Word with spdif).

BTW... Someone said I have to use the correct boot sequence? How do I know what the correct boot sequence is?

I'll be honest...I'm not understanding what it is your are trying to do with the way you have everything interconnected.
It's almost like you have connection overkill...things going in multiple directions

I'm not very familiar with every piece you have....but don't you think you can simplify things based on what you are actually doing with the audio?
Like...what is the intended signal flow?
IOW...just 'cuz two pieces have ADAT connections....do you need to make them...?...etc.
You may have more things interconnected than needed.

K.I.S.S.
Keep It Simple Stupid

A great rule to live by in the audio world. :)

It's all basically to get my instruments into my DAW. Each piece provides the ins to my DAW that I need. My drums, guitar, Bass are all Mic'd and will be running into my DAW. My Samplers & keys and rhodes will be running into my DAW all without having to disconnect anything to use an input. Not to mention when I have guests that need to plug in. Hope that's explains why need to make these connections work.

Back