Clock Problems?

I Got Riffs

I'm currently using Audition for recording guitar tracks and FL Studio for vsti plugins. The problem I'm having involves the two programs having different timing. In other words, 140 bpm in one program is not 140 in the other. I've tried it both ways - importing audio clips that I recorded to Audition's metronome into FL Studio, and exporting mixdowns from FL Studio and placing them in an Audition multitrack session. The latter actually provides the bpm of exported loop and Audition will automatically adjust the session tempo from 140 to 139.4 or something. This is not acceptable if I have already recorded audio tracks. Please help!

Stabbing in the dark here, but are you using the same sample rate (e.g., 44.1khz, 48khz, 96khz) in the two programs? If not, and one of them is automatically converting to it's own rate, then perhaps there's a problem with the conversion, and you could avoid it by always using the same rate in both apps?

Like I said, stabbing in the dark, but it's a thought.

Thanks for the help, but I've got it figured out I think. It may have been that I wasn't even using the same audio driver for the two. I also figured out how to use ReWire, which allows me to route my FL Studio session into a track in Audition. The really cool part is that I can edit anything I like in the FL Studio session while I'm working and don't even have to export mixdowns. I just mixdown from Audition for a final mix! :cool:

Back