Clip Crack pop in sonar2's playback !!!

ino

Goddamn, im tired of it!!! The pops arenty loud, but I can hear them, and they do annoy me after some time...

A friend of mine recorded guitars and drums on sonar, and my job is to do the bass part and I'm doing it at my home, so I got 2 stereo wavs per song, one for guit, other for drums.
After noticing that annoyning pops, I thought they were recording problems, and I opened them into wavelab, listened to them solo and mixed, didn't notice any pops... The fault must be SONAR's goddamnit!!!

They dont clip, are well recorded, They're final mix of guitar and drum, and I didn't use no buses or fx, only each one to its aux.

WHATS WRONG??? latency is checked, tryed many buffer positions, tryed the "dither" function in audio options, nothing.

running on celleron800, sblive, winXP, 256ram... AARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!

Two questions,

1. Have you tried increasing your latency?

2. Are you running two sound cards, if so, make sure you only have one selected as your master and playback and master record.

Porter

tryed increasing and decreasing latency... nothing. This solved some of my earlier problems!!!
only got one card, the only one selected and working....

Seems like my problem hasn't got a solution!!! :(

thnx anyway!!!

What pisses me off is that when I mix (export audio) everything in sonar and go hear it in WaveLab, the mix sounds just fine.

Wooow... don't judge that fast about SONAR, buddy :)

I also had that pops / crackle thingee back then... wanna know why ?

1. Your system. It's Celeron... It's not half as good as the original P III.
2. Memory, as you use SB Live! , check if you alocated too many space on them for soundfonts. And you know what, WinXP is pretty bad memory manager. Memory is cheap now... get 512MB at least... In my case, it's gone after I went 512MB...
3. SB Live! The driver is very unstable!!! <-- the most causing trouble... Download their latest driver... :p
4. Speed of your HD. I'm not sure about yours, but use 7200Rpm will improve your session alot!!! :)
5. In windows mixer, turn off (mute) CD Audio.

Upgrading your system (specialy first three of them above) will improve your audio playback / record ability.

...yeah right Jaymz, can't you see I'm broke now ?

Well, the only thing you can do at least is replace the soundcard position PCI order. Move it to another available slot. Make sure it's away from your AGP / Video card as possible. Also becarefull about IRQ / DMA conflict...

Hope it helps,
;)
Jaymz

yeah, I won't upgrade, this is my bro's computer, he doesn'r record or anything, in a couple of months, i'll get a new computer just for myself.

thx, man. I just didn't want to blame myself, so I threw it all to sonar ;)

I hate sblive, celleron, ARGGGHHHHHHH

ino said:
yeah, I won't upgrade, this is my bro's computer, he doesn'r record or anything, in a couple of months, i'll get a new computer just for myself.

If you don't have any computer yet, then why would you buy Sonar ? it should be PC first, right ? :rolleyes: :)

Back