click track in Sonar

xotsx

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a click track in sonar. I tried the one built in, but I can't get a sound to come out of the PC speaker or Midi out. Anyone else have this trouble?? Some help would be GREAT. Thanks.

Ryan

I had the same problem. Could not get the pc speaker click to work.

But I do using the midi note. What you need is an external sound module. Sonar sends the midi info to the assigned midi output, and your sound module will play the click. Works fine, but occasionally you won't hear the very first click. What you can do, is record the click track and loop it, so that you have it for future use, and just load it into a track.

looping

Yeah, i tried making a sound file in Leafdrums then importing it and looping it, but for some reason I'm having trouble looping it and keeping it in the same time. Any advice?

an easy way to make a click track in sonar is to use a dxi, edirol vsc specificially. set it up and use one of the drum patches. Next open your midi piano roll and make 8 beats with a sound you like. Finally go to the track view and right click on the midi track you made. in that menu click on the groove clip option. Now you can just drag the edge of the midi to have it loop as long as you need.

Back