click track bleeding

ssseals

I'm currently recording acoustic singer/songwriter stuff with percussion,shakers, etc added. My click track keeps bleeding into my mics.

Is is as simple as getting better headphones? My mics are Marshall 603 & V67. My headphones have 'cups' on them, but I didn't spend much on them.

What about 'click sounds' that don't bleed as much. I usually use a hi-hat sound from my drum machine. Thanks.

That's a drag alright. Better enclosed headphones should help. Is the click noticable all the time or mainly during quiet passages? What I tend to do is edit the gain of the click in the different parts of the song, depending on the dynamics of the song. Quiet part, reduce the click XX dB, apply. Louder parts, leave it alone. Better headphones probably will help you more than this method though.

damn, how loud you got that click? I have an in-ear system I make all my studio drummers use instead of headphones.

Yeah, it's only a problem during quiet passages and the beginning/ending of the songs. I'm trying to use a lot of dynamics, so instruments are dropping in and out.

Don't use a sharp sound for the click like a cowbell or of the sort.

If you can't change the sound the EQ it to tone it down.

Sometimes I think it helps to turn the click down, and move it in the mix (pan) so it is still noticeable. I like to move it more to the left (just my preference).

Matty

Check out the new Sennheiser HD-280 headphones.
They have up to 32dB attenuation and are very closed.
They also have a good sound and play very loud without distortion.

giggsy

listen to the song "Rose" by A Perfect Circle.
When Billy Howerdel was recording the acoustic guitar track he got click bleed from his headphones. He didn't realize it until the entire album had been pressed and shipped out but it actually adds character to the song.

Back