cleaning your axe

axeman_ukl

what are the best products for cleaning your prized axe to showroom condition ?

tools + products ?

also how do you go about finding a good guitar tech in the uk ?

thanking everybody who replies in advance.

come on dudes 27 people have read this and no body cleans their guitars !

Yep, and I would guess that you could find nearly as many threads about it using the search function as well. I know I've posted on the subject on quite a few occasions before.;)

The best stuff I've found is GHS Guitar Gloss. It's a liquid not a spray like Martin or Gibson. That other stuff doesn't seem to polish as nicely or as easily as the GHS stuff does.

a moist washrag....a little soap. I used to use furniture polish but it made everything oily. the martin goopy milky stuff I never liked either.

McGuires wax and polish work well...from the Auto shop on the paint.

cheers for the advise i finally went for the Gibson Vintage Reissue Restoration Kit.seems to get some good write ups will try the others in the future.

baby powder......good for creating smoke effects when you strum:D

still looking for a good guitar tech any advise on finding one in the uk ?

OK, thats miles from me and I don't have any decent contacts up that way. You may be in luck as noisedude is from Leeds and he may be able to point you to someone. Shoot him a PM.

This isn't exactly a product but for removing dust from places like under the strings on the headstock and around the pups and bridge/tailpiece, a soft brush like the ones used to clean computer keyboards works great.

Back