"cleaning Disc" in PA9

M Havlen

In Pa9 the "clean disc " feature claims to remove unused wave files from you hard drive and free up space. When i'v tried using this feature, it always deletes some tracks that i didn't want deleted.( so i don't use it for fear of losing stuff). But i notice that the PA9 saves all these wave files , hundreds, it looks like, which would take alot of time to go in there and listen to a sample of each and delete the one's that i REALLY don't want to clutter up my hard drive So, my question is why does it save ALL this crap that i don't need, and is there a way to make it stop doing that other than deleting them manualy as i discribed above..

It seems like the first thing it does is scan all the drives for CWP's, then looks at the 'Global' audio folder. But you're getting tracks or clips that haven't been deleted from existing projects come up for removal?

You might consider setting up your own 'project/song' folder tree (in explorer). When you start a new project, point 'global audio' to that folder, then all the song files stay in one dedicated spot.
Even when 'Clean Audio' works, it keeps things a little less confusing when the files start stacking up. :D
Wayne

Back