CLASSICAL RECORDING, ALESIS HD 24 VS DAW and PREAMPS

outsider

hi, I do mostly classical recordings I use for the pourpose and ALESIS HD 24 with an analog mixer, I am thinking to buy a very good 8 channel preamp with adat lightpipe out to feed alesis hd 24.
Since I have a macbook pro I was thinking to buy a product that could be used as stand alone preamp (for the HD24)and audio card for LOGIC at same time, so I could record simultaneously on DAW and on ALESIS HD 24 to have a backup of all material.
Many collegue use just daw based system, but honestly I think that alesis HD24 is absolutely relialable on live recording. Any comments and suggestion will be appreciate
thanks in advance for your contribute.

What's your budget?

There are quite a few 8 channel firewire interfaces with ADAT out. You'd be able to record to the macbook and alesis.

What's your budget?

There are quite a few 8 channel firewire interfaces with ADAT out. You'd be able to record to the macbook and alesis.

budget 1500 - 2000 €, hwat I need is a preamp that could be used as audio card also at same time, but it has to be used as STAND ALONE preamp also, does it exist?

I'll use the Presonus Firestudio for an example because that's what I have, but there are others that will do the same thing.

It's an audio interface with 8 mic preamps. You plug in 8 mics to the interface. You would connect the Audio Interface to your Macbook using a firewire cable. Then you use whatever recording software that you want to record each channel. You would also use either the Firestudio's ADAT out or Direct Outs to go to your HD 24.

This would give you to two copies of the same tracks.

I'm not sure if that's within your budget or not.

yes, 1 euro is around 1,4 us dollar, what about something as DIGI003, but it is not a stand alone preamp right?

Back