Cinar Guitars...ah..rule

TheJester

I went into a pawnshop a couple years ago and picked up this Cinar guitar (made by Ibanez). It looked like someone actually burned the sunbusrt in ,and it has a all maple neck. Its got a fixed bridge too. This guitar is amazing. I strap .11's on it and the pick-ups seem to be a little hotter than regular strats. I've played a lot of American strats and Mexi's and nothing ever felt as warm and worn in as this thing (except for a cos aged or a real old strat...$$$). Ill shut up now but i really am curious if anyone has any of these guitars around. Mine looks kind of old, and it's a strat style. I cant find anything on the net about them either. Any info at all would be smokin. T h a n X

Thats cool you found something good.

Problem is that these days, if it doesn't say Fender, Gibson, or PRS on the headstock, people won't even bother trying it out.

It's kinda funny because a few years ago I had a luthier build me an acoustic guitar that is heads above anything you can find on the market. I have had idiots say things like "It must suck, I've never heard of that brand before". And it's not a brand, it's the guys name! :) A logo or name has never meant quality to me.

H2H

There are some great no name guitars. There was this great 335 style guitar I saw at a garage sale for $25! Played great, sounded great was great. Didn't buy it cause it didn't say gibson on it! I kick myself daily for it!

its good to see people still enjoy townhouse relics. when people assume the quality of a no name guitar when they've never heard it pisses the gods off, if it sounds good, GOOD

anyone remember Mako, a solidly built no name in the mid 80's or Hagstom, I'd say Kramer but with the name back in circulation....

TX

TheJester said:
its good to see people still enjoy townhouse relics. when people assume the quality of a no name guitar when they've never heard it pisses the gods off, if it sounds good, GOOD

Let me rest! I was 17!!!!! Geez lol!

I used to sell those guitars in the '80s......I think the proper name is "Cimar" ,with a m instead of an n. Anyway,they were pretty cool little guitars.There are so many great little prizes out there that never caught on....now more than ever. I don't care about the name on the headstock------if I scrape "Fender" off of my strats,the tone will probably not change that much.

Back