cichlid group (graphic design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeb

Hey everyone,

we just launched our temporary website and are ready to start some projects.
we're a graphic design/marketing agency out of sudbury ontario. Here's the website

www.cichlidgroup.com

wait until you guys see what we're cooking up for our full site.. but for now you can find out a little bit about us and check out some of our work.

If anyone needs any of our services email me: jason@cichlidgroup.com

We want to work withi bands, label and musicians and will work with your best needs and budget in mind.

thanks guys

Nice website. It's cartoony, but it looks cool. (I really like that background.)

The site's a little vague as to what services you actually offer though.

Cichlid Group is a new design/marketing agency out of Sudbury, Ontario that strives to do the very best work every time. We specialize in all things branded, including: logo design, stationery and business card design, web design, advertising campaigns and much more.

is this too vague? Maybe it should be more prominent somehow? hrmmmm

a list maybe? I definately dont' want people to have to guess what we do.

Cichlid Group is a new design/marketing agency out of Sudbury, Ontario that strives to do the very best work every time. We specialize in all things branded, including: logo design, stationery and business card design, web design, advertising campaigns and much more.

is this too vague? Maybe it should be more prominent somehow? hrmmmm

a list maybe? I definately dont' want people to have to guess what we do.

I checked out the web page.

First thoughts:

1 On my monitor, the black outlining on the first block of text and other graphics doesn't look good . . . it's vague and jaggy.

2 The second bit of text, without the black outline looks stronger and is more convincing.

3 The white text that describes what Cichlid does is hard to read against the grey background.

The cartoony effect is unusual, and may work for you. However, in an undersea scene, would a yacht's sails be full like that?

I would trim your description even more:
"Cichlid Group is a new design and marketing agency out of Sudbury, Ontario. We specialize in all things branded, including logo design, stationery and business card design, web design, advertising campaigns and more."

Keep it short and snappy, and avoid fluff such as "strives to do the very best work every time". For a start, this is what a client would expect you to do anyway, and secondly, "striving" is not necessarily good enough. I would want you to actually deliver the best work, not just to try and deliver it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back