Christmas wish list

Michaelyu5

I am going to ask for something for my home recording rig but I am not sure what I should get next. Presenltly I have:

Peak LE 3.0 running through my Mac G3 with OSX
an Edirol interface
Behringer Eurorack MX 802 (yes, I am a newbie....its working for me)
ART Studio V3 mic amp
SM57 and a couple Nady SP-1s

I am thinking about the RNC and some sort of EQ but I don't know if I'm just gaming the game or what. I am still learning how to use the stuff I have but I know compression is talked up a great deal as well as EQ. I am reading about both but am in the dark about a post here that mentioned a parametric EQ as opposed to another type. I am not sure what I should look at. I am recording acoustic guitar, vocals and some light percussion trying to keep an earthy sound. Anyone who may point me in the right direction as to what piece in the chain I should get next, I will appreciate it. Once I get an idea if the EQ and compressors are the things I should get next, Ill do the research and read up on whats already posted...

thanks in advance.....

Michael

Mike,

I would suggest a couple of Oktava small condensors, or one Oktava large condensor/ribbon, and a M-Audio DMP3 2 channel preamp. You might also see if Santa will stretch to score you one of these...

Attachments

• ford-gt.jpg
    ford-gt.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 39
Studio monitors would be nice.. that way you can hear whether or not you really need EQ or compression in the first place.

Cy

Bro....I drive a Neon....dont rub it in.....

besides, I'm moving to Japan the first of the year...mics travel better....

Monitors are another option but I'm limited on budget so I dont know if cheap ones are worth it....also, while we're on the subject, for a newbie...will computer speakers work (like the Bose sticks for Macs) or should I get actual studio monitors?

Back