Chopper Dave - The Graduation Song

noodles2k5 said:
Download

It's not great, by any means. But I recorded it all with one mic, which I think is pretty impressive.

Well, it appears that no one else has commented, so I'll give you my thoughts. In general, I agree with your assessment. I am assuming you wrote and performed this, right? There is talent here, but you have a lot of room to grow as a songwriter and performer(s), in addition to improving your recording skills. The stream-of-consciousness lyrics don't really do it for me. Maybe they have special meaning to you, but I don't think they translate well to different audiences. Maybe I am just a couple of years too far away from high school to be moved by this. The drumming is very loose.

I checked out the other Chopper Dave songs at Purevolume. I like the fact that you bill yourselves as,"Powerpop / Pop Punk / Death Metal." That's a pretty funny description. The songs are pretty standard emo fare, but the recording quality leaves a lot to be desired. Keep working on it.

It's not really Chopper Dave. It's the lead singer of Chopper Dave's side project. I agree with you on the lyrics. His school asked him to write a song that would make girls cry (seriously) and that's exactly what it did.

I'm flattered you took time to check out the stuff on Purevolume, but that was done a last year when I knew nothing of recording techniques/practices and used crappy equipment. I don't take credit for it, but our fans (can you believe we have fans?) were dying for something to listen to. As for the funny description, I listen to and play all types of music. Emo and pop-punk is a dime a dozen these days and it's nothing more than cheesy hooks and lines.

Back