Chopped and Screwed

haystacker99and

Lately I have been getting into a lot of chopped and screwed beats and ive been doing research trying to find out exactly what it is/how its done.
I am downloading a program called Screwlab and ill see whats up with that but in the meantime is anyone here familiar with this style of rap or does anyone work with it?

Chopped and Screwed...

I know exactly what type of music you are talking about... It is origionally from Houston... DJ Screw started it a while back... One good program to use for this style of music is Virtual DJ. I have chopped and screwed a ton of things using this program. One of the good things about this program is you can use adjust the speed of the song slowing it down and giving it the "screwed" effect. from there you can use different cue's that will bring you back to the downbeats that you need. To get a listen to alot of the old things that made screw music what it is today, you may want to see if you can download and listen to alot of the old music that SwishaHouse did. Back when Paul Wall and Chamillionaire use to rap together....Mike Jones...Magno....Whew!!! :cool: Good times! Enjoy and good luck....

Hope it helps ;),
Kyle

Back