Chilled tune for hot summer evenings

Wow, that comes on with a killer, sexy vocal sound. Music is very smooth. Nice bass tone. Very good sounds overall. Very nice vocals. I'd offer up some real critique, but this is nice sounding. Everything has a great tone, and is very evenly mixed. Vocals sit in the mix well, and all the instruments seem to have their place to fit in. Very cool tune also.
Ed

Hi

Very good song and mix. Very good choice of instruments and the vocal is catchy.

Excellent work.

/Jack Real.

Hot vocal. The panning effect adds to the sexy angle of the breathy vocal - kind of like the singer's wiggling suggestively while she's singing, heh-heh. I like the muted trumpet. Nice combination of acoustic and electronic sonorities in the tune. Tasty but unobtrusive bass line. Snare sound's a little metallic perhaps. Good tune.

Tim

Those vocals really drag you right into the song. Very catchy singing & music too. Makes me want to sit back and relax some. That jazzy muted trumpet rules too :D I'd love to hear like a super groovy little trumpet solo/instrumental part in there too. I'm trumpet-biased-person though, I played it for 6 years many years ago, now it's something to make noise with until I get back into it :eek:

Nice stuff ;)

You're welcome.

OK, I'm going to say what everybody's really been thinking but hesitant to ask about the track...

...Can you please post a picture of the singer? :D

Tim

Sounds real nice. I think smooth may have been used already to describe this song and mix. Sounds like Dido at certain small points. Not sure of the panning thingy going on, but thats just me. I would calm it down a little.
Real good mix.
Eck

yes. It's smooth like a mile of velvet, and dancing all the way down. The only thing that stuck out to me was on the vamp after 3:20. I'd let the piano phrase come back in and feed the vamp for about 4 bars, and then fade it back and let those counterpoint vocal stabs take a bit more dominance, and then ease back up again to phrase a couple of bars and ride into the outro. Very sweet arrangement. Got a wisp of BobJames-Sade flavor.

Back