Chilled out late night jazz

pootle

Hi,

I'm new here and just thought I'd post a track in here so you can all rip it to shreds ;)

Seriously - I'm always interested to get advice / constructive criticism, especially on the production side.

The track in question is called 'Midnight Rendezvous' and can be found here

Emma

Thoroughly enjoyable!

The kind of stuff I like to listen to while doing work.

All the instruments are your own work? They sound nice and tight.

Like the progressions. Enough to make the odd change very pleasant while listening.

From what I could tell (and I am no recording buff) the mix was decent. Not too much of anything in the front. The quality was clear.

Beats the hell out of anything I have posted! LOL!

Blu

Hi Blu,

Thanks for listening and leaving a comment.

Yes, the instruments are all my own work - I mainly used the Grand, Lounge Lizard and Trilogy for piano, e piano and double bass respectively (would prefer to use a real double bass, but had to give back the one I borrowed).

This was my first attempt at programming all the drums and percussion myself - in the past I've often used Groove Agent, but its jazz rhythms swing like the proverbial brick!

Emma

the fretless is real nice...i'm an upright player m'self. The progression kind of sounds like So What. I also really enjoy the flute. Checked out a couple of your other tracks, i liked Within. I suppose that is classical, whatever it is, it's nice. Keep up the good work!

Thanks chuk31 and Garry

I just typed a really long reply to this, then websens blocked the page when I posted and I lost the lot!!!!! grrrrrr :mad:

Be back later to type it again...

pootle,
I couldn't help myself I had to add to your Brazil tune!!! Hope you don't mind.
Definately like what you're doing with .. Brazil, Twilight Ocean(I want to add some perccussion also), What you did(I have ideas!).
Great work.

On Brazil, IMO I like the mix, though there is a few things that may need
adjusting. Great feel, and performance was oustanding!!

Let me know what you think, I'm up for adding to your tunes.

T

Back