Children's Echo Mic

Slntpsych1

I saw this thing at the dollar store, remembered them from my childhood and had to get one, the only problem is that only the person talking into it can hear it. I sort of wanted to be able to record it. The mic looks like this, only it doesn't have that small cord that goes out, it only has a hole, which you can't hear the sound out of.

C917C.jpg

The main thing i'm wondering is if there is anyone who knows a way to mod this mic in order to make it loud and to make a place where someone other than the person talking into it can hear it, so i can mic the echo mic. Thanks. (Sorry for the gigantic picture)

Last edited:
Tap the speaker leads and route to a standard mic preamp.

Oh wait, I was thinking about a different dollar store product. I don't think I've seen this one, so I'm not sure.

Is that pretty easy to do? Haha, i'm not the best at electronics. Also, if you know, what pieces do i need to do that?

I think I'd just drill a hole in the bottom and clip a little radio-shack lapel mic in there. You could maybe also get some neat sounds mounting a little piezo transducer on the diaphragm in there.

Back