Check this out!

djhead

Military Intelligence
OK, 2 tracks not quite done, but ready for input. Needs to be done by friday for demo distribution.

Thoughts? And be honest please.

Admin note: I have considered One Foot Deeper pretty much done.
I know there are some volume and singer issues, but I cant pinpoit it
Because I am tired. Enjoy the Listening, this is my band, Life Less Tragic

Here

One Foot Deeper - the snare is too loud, too up front in the mix, has too much room in it and has a ring in it which you can hear real good at about 2:50. The bottom end is muddy. The bass needs some top end and the one distorted guitar needs to be knotched out of the bottom some.

AA is for Quitters - similar issues, bass still undefined and this whole mix is too freakin loud killing any dynamics you might have. The snare seems to sit in a little better. I hope you dudes use earplugs!

AA is...
The vocals are WAY to loud in the intro.
The whole thing is too loud.
Vocals are just shouty - why not actually sing some of it the voice breaks up a couple of times it's pushed so hard. there are passages that would really be served better with a hushed voice or even a whisper.
The melody is a far bit borrowed.
The riff seems ok but the guitar sounds are atrocious sorry - but they are.
Drums seem OK except for the cymbals.
the bass hasn't any definition for most of the song.
I had to take off my head phones & then turn the track off WAY TOOOOOO LOOOUUUD.
Take it all back and remix from the rhythm section up in MONO so you get a clue about the EQ battles going on then pan things into a space of their own when the have a sound of their own 1st.
The guitar playing is pretty rough - may have just been the volume but there's no subtlety or finess demonstrated.
You need to think about dynamics for the song as well as how volume places the instruments in the stereo image that's why you should start in mono.
& Finally ...
DON'T DOUBLE POST

rayc pretty much said it all. not bad songs, but the sounds im hearing are pretty bad. the drums sound like they were recorded in another room and the guitar tone is so bad it sounds out of tune. hell, it may be out of tune. the vocals have many out-of-pitch moments. the songs are pretty good though. you have something to wok with here. just keep at it, take your time and remember that in the digital world, you can do as many takes as you want.

just my 2 hundredths of a dollar.

hehe. I just listened to the mixes I linked. I don't know what they did but Soundclick really fucked them up. Like they slowed everything down.

Not making excuses, but imagine my surprise to see the mixes ripped apart, only to find, based on what was provided, you were right!

Has anyone had this problem with Soundclick before?

I've never had that problem with soundclick...But, if I'm not mistaken, I think in the Band Administration they have a "Why is my track playing too fast or too slow" question and answer. I might be wrong, but I think I saw it somewhere...Maybe in their FAQ.

you are right, its there. But after the schlacking I got here, I am going back to square one. Most of my tracks were mixed with simple gaming speakers, which I know is a no-no, but its all i have. I noticed though, that everything sounded flat through them, but I realized it a little too late. if you have to choose between shit speakers or "studio Headphones" which way do you go?

BTW thats me singing, and I know its bad. I keep telling them its bad, and they dont want to listen. I have no control over my voice. Help?

Back