Check this out!!

applejax

I dont know if this has been covered or not on the BBS...but check this out:

http://www.yamaha.ca/av/YSP1/main.jsp

I think it's REALLY cool. I know it's not recording or anything...it's more HOME THEATER...but still it's really COOL. I want to try one out. Anyone have any thoughts on it?? :D

NS10!! oh no!

i'll be damned...NS10's.... make those engineers work their ass for a mix.

da Bear will be happy. hehe

lmao I know...he'll probably give me neg rep just for finding these LMAO!!

What's your take on the One-Panel-bouncing-beams-surround-sound from Yami?

lol thats what I was thinking too TimboZ!

But whats everyone's take on the surround sound thing? Do you guys think it works well?

applejax said:
Also... It seems Yamaha has the NS-10's on the market again...just under hometheater and different name.

The NS10s were originally a home audio product.

SonicAlbert said:
Actually, Yamaha has come up with a replacement pro monitor line for the NS-10's. You can take a look at it here:

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/speakers/hs80m/

those don't look too bad actually....classy style for visuals..
like a Piano, Glossy black&white.

but i've already got some white cones. what i don't have is yellow cones.
i have black and some white ones and some grey ones..but no yellow!!

maybe... hmm... ok my minds made up, i need yellow cone speakers to round out my collection.

Toilet Paper Study for NS10's: Bob Hodas
http://www.bobhodas.com/tissue.html

Last edited:
apl, I never knew lol!

SonicAlbert, I never knew about those... I know the ns10's are so overrated..but I really think the whit cone looks cool. How much are those going for? Cause the ns10's were only like 400 brand new...and thats double the price of the Ns10MMT's.. and people are selling ns10's for like 1 grand on ebay :rolleyes:

Matheon, those are REALLY rad... what do you think those list for? Would the sound be any different. The only thing I could think of is the cone would have different weak points because its wood? meaning not equal projection or something like that LOL.

Coolcat, you could just buy some KRK's!! Or spray paint some NS10s lol :D

Still no one seems to comment on the surround sound LMAO...

applejax said:
apl, I never knew lol!

Yup. I had a pair of NS8s in 1978 that I took to college. They were very nice, 8" woofers, acoustic suspension (no ports), nice silk dome tweeter, wonderfully smooth. Wish I still had them.

applejax said:
apl, I never knew lol!

Coolcat, you could just buy some KRK's!! Or spray paint some NS10s lol :D

or just spray paint the cones, yeah thanks man!! :p

a new and improved NS10 with powered active crossovers...gloss black/white cone..they are SEXY!! like a baby grand polished piano.

who knows, totally different technology and speakers??
really, i doubt their using the exact same 1970's speaker design?
anyone know?

but will they require Toilet Paper Hi Freq filters?thats the real question because then your into all this technical Toilet paper stuff..i just can't deal with that! :eek:

Personally, I'm holding out for Auratones, because George Martin used them alot. I want that Abbey Road/ Sgt. Pepper sound.

:D

wow.... i want to hear one of those things. I always wondered if it would be possible to make a speaker that had an individual speaker for every frequency... or at least most of them... off topic, but this reminded me of that probably impossible and bad idea anyways.
applejax - woa, someone whose roughly my age, i thought i was the only one on here under 18.

oops my mistake. the msp5 overall freq is only -10db if you connect thru unbalanced jacks. xlr connection will give you +4db on the msp5. i still dont know what those things mean tho? anyone care to explain? ;)

Back