Check this out...Never seen one of these before... Cousino Mag Matic Tape Repeater?

In that top picture....it looks like my cat carrier! :D

Very cool looking....but other than as a collectors item, I doubt it's going to have any current useable audio application or value at that price.
You could grab a used Roland 201 Tape Echo for that amount.

Going by the description on ebay, i.e. the fact that the carts have recording of a sales course on them, it appears to be a dictation machine of some kind rather than a tape echo.

I dunno....it does say "Tape Repeater" on the machine....maybe it was ysed for some kind of announcement/greeting thing....?

Heck...it runs only at 3 3/4 ips.....

Yeah, its a recorder/player. "Tape Repeater" was a less popular term, more common for airlines, cruise lines, businesses and broadcasting using endless-loop tape for background music among other things. The Echo-Matic brand tape cartridges may cause some confusion. Echo-Matic is just a brand name for a type of endless-loop cassette made by Cousino.

Runs at the same speed as 8-track cartridges...

So, a forerunner to the 8 track, but with only a one track mind! :D

"Cart machines" were also popular in radio for the playback of commercials and news broadcast lead-in music/announcements, etc.

Cheers! :)

Back