Check out our mix.

I'm listening on cheapo computer speakers so can't off any mix advice but fwiw nothing stood out as being in dire need of attention. That kick is way to clicky for me but I guess it's supposed to sound like that

Well, i listened all the song, and talking about levels, it sound good to me, but i can tell you that there is a part when the guitar is in the center (not panned, and is only one guitar), well, that guitar sound is not very good, i couldn't understand anything that it was played. Regarding the places that you cut the volume making little spaces with silence, the first one is ok, the second doesn't. That cut sounds better when you do it for real and not cutting off the volume manually.

Everything else sounds like a normal heavy metal song to me.

it sounds like a pretty decent demo for the style of music that it is. good heavy guitar driven stuff. well played guitar, but bass is nonexistent. bring up the bass and give it more low end. and drums seem to be in the background of things getting drowned a bit by guitars.

i'm gonna guess the guitar player mix this stuff. my suggestion is to leave the song alone for a couple days and then remix it and try to lose all objectivity and mix the song so every instrument has a space.

oh yeah 300 posts!

Nice riffin'!
Bass lacks a little low end, but it's all pretty well played. Arrangement-wise it has a bit too many parts, but I guess variety is the spice of life.......
Drums sound pretty good, although the snare could be a bit more present. I like the kick. Are you gonna have vocals on this, there are parts that remind me of Deftones.

Joey :):):):)

I'd say that the drums need to be brought up and compressed a bit more. Everything should share the "up front" spot in metal mixes and right now it seems like only the guitars are there.

Thanks, ya the guitarist mixed like all of it and i really dont think he knows what he is doing, and nothing is compressed in the mix, all we did wat eq it and mix it.

Except that the bass needs to come up a lot....I thought the guitar sounds and drums sounds were really good. This is just a mixdown of the unmastered raw trax, right? They were a little stark and unpolished, like a raw mix.

Very tight performances. And I had the urge to cut myself after listening...so , right there, y' know it's good.

You guys spent a lot of time getting this tune down, down, down. It shows. Good playing and dedication to detail. I admire that.

I am not a metal fan, but this is some great metal playing.

Performance is A++.

I'd even say I think the recording is perfect.

The mix falls down in my opinion. This is a powerful sound, but the mix is far away. It doesn't punch me in the face, but it should...the music does, the mix doesn't.

Having said that...for a demo. Perfect.

I'm surprised you said it wasn't compressed. To me it had that sound to it. The bass was kind of in the wind and the drums need to be brought up. The song is killer!!! It sounds like your band has some cool stuff. Keep it up.

Back