Check out my songs

hey how about posting one at a time so others get listened to too. so about the track I listened to tear me apartt. I thought the vocals sounded nice and polished. I like the piano too. I the keyboard guitar/bagpipe sound however quickly got on my nerves. If it is possible to change the voice on that track I'd do it maybe a violin. Something not so barky that fights for attention with the vocals. I would like to hear more drums at least a more in your face kick to drive the beat. Overall I did like it.
These are only my thoughts.

hm thanks but imma leave that guitar sound i like it since it resembles pain to me lol, but does it sound somewat professional? anything u can give me to make it better

Robbie...what happened?
I thought we all talked about the excessive reverb all over everything, and you had it toned down on some early mixes...but now it's all back and it's even more excessive than before.

:D

Way to much....it turns the mixes into a cacophony.
Your "Tear Me Apart" song is almost hard to listen to with all the reverb and all those keys and everything just bouncing all over with echos.
You really need to tone that down a lot.

Also...too much keys/synths and not enough drums, bass...so the overall tonal balance is all in the upper mids and highs. The drums should be deeper and you need some punchy/thick bass, though I didn't listen on my big speakers (only my computer speakers)...so maybe it's got more low end thump than I'm hearing, but I still think you overdo it with all the keyboards.

Find some pro-quality mixes in that same style/genre and then compare yours tpo them...listen to how all the different elements are mixed and the tonal balance...and especially the amount of reverb you use on everything compared to the pro mixes.

Too much reverb on all of them...but the first is just WAY over the top.

I think you could do so much better with your mixes if you dried them out a lot....then even the keys/synths wouldn't be fighting with each other and the vocals as much.
I like to use reverb...but you really get carried away with it....don't you hear how excessive it is?

Once you dry out the mixes, then just beef up the drums/bass and you should have a much better overall sound on all of the songs.

Yeah reverb is pretty intense.

I guess you were going for the spacious house/trance kind of vibe but try some delay on a few elements rather than reverbing out everything.
I prefer delay to reverb. Unless it's on drums of course :D.
The kicks could indeed be a little heavier. How about trying to layer individual sub bass hits underneath them? I think it would balance nicely with the "click" kick and sound like one awesome bass drum.

Last edited:
And if you're looking for a more ambient vibe I personally think having pads underneath clean dry sounds works much better than trying to stretch out the top elements.

ok thanks, but do you think these are good to send out as demos?
For demos, yeah, I think so. Although the kick isn't very strong and the vox are a little smeared under the reverb
I've certainly heard worse mixes. (some of my own included :D)

But, assuming you have the files, I don't see any reason why not to remix them and have top notch "studio quality" mixes as your demos to blow away whoever you'll be sending them to.

ya but i dunt feel like spending money i spent 500 on the tear me apart song and it was crap, i dunno if u remember that miroslav lol i think u commented on it not sure

no i am, that was just one time i payed and it wasn't that good, but it was partly my fault anyways, so is this a bad mix, like is it dreadful to listen to or is it somewhat nice?

Oh. Well, just to clarify by "studio quality" I didn't mean send it to someone to mix. It's more than possible to have "pro level" mixes on your own albeit with hard work put in. Look at guys like Madeon and Porter Robinson and those types of dudes that mix out of their bedrooms on KRKs like the rest of us :laughings: Although I don't think they've ever had to mix death metal vocals with 700bpm double kicks.
Anyway.
I don't really see much wrong with the production or anything like that (though this isn't really my style of music) but the reverb and lack of kick depth is pretty distracting.
The mixes aren't dreadful to listen to though. There are plenty of pro mixes out there that are dreadful to listen to. Like this: Nicki Minaj - Stupid Hoe (Explicit) - YouTube
And there are plenty of not so great mixes by todays standards out there that are very pleasant to listen to. Like this: the misfits- hybrid moments - YouTube

i fuxking hate that song that stupid bitch lol! but ya i get it, so no reverb, use delay on everything??? no reverb at all

lol @ nicki minaj.

Well, I'm not saying to put delay on everything :P.
I just meant that I prefer delay. But that might be biased as I'm not really a fan of reverb tbh. I prefer delay and chorus on guitar and vocals especially.
IMO they create an atmosphere/place, whereas reverb takes me to a place (the 1980s to be exact :eek:) and just takes up too much room if that makes sense. Although, as I said, reverb on drums I do like. And occasionally I will use reverb on things. Someone here once told me that the trick to reverb is to set it as high as you can without noticing it. Makes sense.
Ultimately it's your choice.

But yeah I think the kick definitely needs to be deeper for that kind of music.

Don't flip 100% from heavy reverb to heavy delay. :)

First...whatever amount you are using for reverb, cut it by 50% on the vocal and like 75% on all the other stuff you have it.
Then yes....*instead of* reverb, on some instruments you can use a DRY delay, but be careful, even with delay you can end up with shit just bouncing all over the place if you use too much delay on many things.

Use a combination of 100% dry tracks, some with a little reverb or delay, and then just one or two elements (like vocal and lead instrument) with the most reverb but at least 50% less than what you have now.

AFA as the kick...don't just make it boomy. It needs to have a solid DRY THUMP...and I don't hear much in the way of any bass lines. Your mixes have plenty in the mids and highs, but you want some of that dance/house low end THUMP.

When do you need to get your demos finished...is there a deadline for you?

Back