check out my pawn shop find...

e-man

oldbie
found this knight tube p.a. amp in a local pawn shop for $11!

it's probably been used as an instrument amp before since the output has been modified to take a 1/4" plug.
100_0255.jpg

100_0256.jpg

2 12ax7's and 2 6L6gc's, this thing has a very "fendery" tone to it. and the price is right too!

100_0258.jpg

100_0261.jpg

100_0259.jpg

check the clip. schecter fat strat copy straight in for rhythm and through a jekyll and hyde pedal for lead.

http://www.supload.com/music/Eman-Knight-Amp-Test-ringtone-download-3CD2LO8DQQGW.html#

i'm really enjoying it.

later...

i used a 112 open back cab i built myself loaded with a jensen mod 8 ohm.

thanks for checkin' it out.

later...

Yeah, that clean tone is exceptional-I'm wondering if that was probably a school PA system from years ago?

it's that kind of an amp i think. you can't see it in the photos but on the top at the back corner it says "inspection dept." so i guess it was used in an industrial setting originally.

with 1/4" output jack installed it appears to have been used as an instrument amp at some time. it originally had a pair of screw terminals for attaching speaker wires.

i've been told it is basically a bogen clone made during the seventies.

it seems roy buchannan played though a bogen amp.

anyways, not being able to afford a good tube amp right now, this really was a good find for me.

i just gotta get me some reverb happenin'.

I love pawn shopping - most of my best stuff is 2nd hand.
Well done & enjoy it!

geek heaven

Very cool find. A few years ago I picked up an "EICO" kit amp that had been butchered for $5. 3-12ax7's,2-6bq5's and a selenium rectifier, which was the first item to be replaced. Then I tore out the Phono equalization circuit and replaced it with the classic fender bassman design.. What a tone monster...gain to die for., the filament ckt produces some hum so one of these evenings I'll build up a DC supply for the filaments. Talk bout geek heaven.....

chazba

Back