cheap pitch correction

n8tron

i desperately need pitch correction but i just don't have $350 to spend on antares or something like it right now. I'm just curious if there is ANY cheap pitch correction plugins out there that I could use?

thanks

there is something called Gsnap and i downloaded it and it works and stuff but i dont have the knowledge to know how to work it well. I just kinda played with it and its free

Most DAW software has pitch shifting plug ins incorporated in their software: Sound Forge, Sonar, Audition, even the editing software applet that comes along with Sound Blaster Audigy, but don't expect miracles, none of them are perfect. They will all add a little flange to the finished sound. The thing you have to watch using it is to make sure that you don't go so far trying to transpose a song to a different key, that you get instruments playing where they can't actually play. I hate it when I hear a guitar playing notes that are not possible because they are lower than "E" below middle "C".

david7287 said:
there is something called Gsnap and i downloaded it and it works and stuff but i dont have the knowledge to know how to work it well. I just kinda played with it and its free

Hi man, thanks for the link.

vogukedr said:
Most DAW software has pitch shifting plug ins incorporated in their software: Sound Forge, Sonar, Audition, even the editing software applet that comes along with Sound Blaster Audigy, but don't expect miracles, none of them are perfect. They will all add a little flange to the finished sound. The thing you have to watch using it is to make sure that you don't go so far trying to transpose a song to a different key, that you get instruments playing where they can't actually play. I hate it when I hear a guitar playing notes that are not possible because they are lower than "E" below middle "C".

sure your not mistaking that for a drop D tuning? or just a thick mixture of bass guitar and guitar. I've never heard of people correcting the pitch of guitar?!

n8tron said:
i desperately need pitch correction but i just don't have $350 to spend on antares or something like it right now. I'm just curious if there is ANY cheap pitch correction plugins out there that I could use?

thanks

Is that you, Cher?

Check out the one from RCB audio. Can't remember the link so Google it.

They have about 3 different pitch-correction progs at various cheap prices. I think they start around $50 or something....

Back