Cheap Laptop for Simple Recording

Kjv1993

Busking a Subway Near You
I am about to start a project whith my school's choir director where we are making a cd recording the choir. The problem is I only have a desktop and since the majority of recording will be done at the school, I need a laptop to record on.
So what would you say is the minimum requirements on a laptop to run a smaller DAW like maybe Sony Soundfordge. I wont be using too many plugins, maybe some compression, reverb, and a couple instruments. I honestly only have about $150 to spend on this, I know thats nothing but this just came up. I saw some decent looking ones on craigslist that were about 2.0ghz (single core) with 1gig of ram. Will this suit me?
thanks

Laptops are already designed such that they can minimize power consumption, which implies that slow 4200 or 5200 RPM hard drives will so do for your task. While you evaluate laptop, please check how intensively the fan works. Preference must be given to purchase online, where there are no delivery charges. If battery life is not required to be more important then (run on the electricity) consider purchasing one second hand. Use Linux as it requires minimum hardware and is a free-software.

Your budget is pretty low. I'd buy a new laptop from Best Buy at 399. That's the bottom unit but has great features.

Your budget is pretty low. I'd buy a new laptop from Best Buy at 399. That's the bottom unit but has great features.
since my budget is low, thats why I am looking off craigslist or ebay. But my question is not where to buy, its how much power I will truly need

Well if you look at reaper it's not cpu hungry at all and if you keep your total fx and other plug ins to a bare minimum you won't need very much at all.

:cool:

Back