Cheap guitar wireless

mx_mx

Is there any point in getting a cheap wireless system? I can't really afford a Shure, so I'm just wondering if i can get by with a $150 Nady, or if it's just going to drop out all the time. I'm not too concerned about my tone suffering too much, because it's not too good to begin with :D , I'm just more concerned with the drop outs. I won't ever be further away than about 10 feet from my amp. I just need it so I don't trip over my lead with my rock-piggery or strangle myself when I swing my guitar around my neck. Also, is UHF still the standard, or has that gone the way of VHF? Thanks for the help

No, there's no point. Only UHF diversity will do. However, if you're always close, you may be able to get by with a VHF diversity system. Your best bet is to comb through ebay for something used and in good condition from Sennheiser, AKG, or Shure. I don't think much of Nady or Samson.

Don't bother with a cheap wireless. You will loose most of the attack and it will mess with your playing. At least that was my experience. Tried it once and will never do it again.

in one of my old bands, the other guitarist had a nady wireless. it had a WEAK signal, and would cut out all the time.

The wireless set ups that people were using years ago seemed decent enough at the time. Those are the sqame as the cheap ones available now aren't they?

I bought a shure and it's cool I guess. The thing is that I use the volume knob on the guitar to clean up the tone a bit during the verses. LIke if you back off a little, the fuzz tone is not as fuzzy. The wireless kind of acts as a compressor and boosts the signal to compensate.

I kinda force myself to use it, though. I bought it thinking it was going to be really cool to run out the door of the bar and play in the parking lot or something. I still stand in the same place, albeit without a 20 foot cord underfoot. The first time I walked off the stage people kinda looked at me like I was weird and no chicks threw their panties at me. Imagine that.

I have a Nady that I bought second hand about 15 years ago, definately made in USA. It has been dropped, left in the bottom of the gig bag for all that time and whenever I decide to use it the thing works perfectly.

Back