changing volume within a track

kid_nova

this may be a newb question, but I'm wondering how to alter the volume within a track. my friend is letting me borrow his computer while he's out of town so I can try out Acid 4.0. One of my tracks varies volume a lot, so I want to try to level it out so that it won't jump from quiet to painfully loud. My friend gave me a quick tutorial before he left, but I can't figure this out.

thanks in advance

Right click on the track--> then go to "Insert/Remove Envelope"--> then choose "Volume".

or you can ignore everything I said and just highlight the track and type the letter "v".

It should create a blue line going across the whole track. After you do that then you can add points by right-clicking with the mouse anywhere on the blue line. You can then move the point wherever you want. By right clicking again on the blue line you can control the shape the volume increases/decreases.

Do I make sense??!! This for both Acid and Vegas.

thanks

ah, I had gotten the blue line up there, but didn't know what to do with it. Thanks for helping out.

Or..................................

If it is one entire waveform.

You can go to the top of the waveform.

Once your pointer (arrow) turns into a hand with a vertical two-way arrow next to it, you can pull down volume (without having to insert a volume envelope).

spin

Back