CEP 2.0 + M-audio MobilePre = Latency

grkblood13

Ok, so heres the deal. My old desktop studio PC crashed, this PC was about 6 years old. I go out and by a new Toshiba Satellite LapTop with 448 MB ram with a celeron processor.

My old desktop had the same problem as this computer and that is latency. I remember fixing it by changing my settings, only problem is that was liek a year ago and i forgot what i changed.

I spent about 5 hours recording 4 bars to see if it was catching on beat and after several trials I failed. does ANYBODY know how to fix this problem. I know its something to do with the settings in CEP. Somebody PLEASE help me!!!!

Thank you.

What sample rate/bit depth are you recording at? What's the speed of your CPU? Is this Cool Edit or Adobe Audition?

In Audition (1.5 at least) there's settings in multi track for "Correct for drift in recordings" and "Correct for start sync in recordings"

Try enabling those and see if it works. It only takes effects on newly recorded tracks though.

i knwo for a fact its not drift of synch cuz i already tried that. but my computer properties it says...

Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU
410 @ 1.46GHz
1.47GHz, 448 MB of RAM

And Im running Cool Edit. Here is a picture of all my settings, maybe u can see something wrong, hope this helps...
IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/grkblood/mysettings.jpg[/IMG]
thanks by the way

my bad...
mysettings.jpg

Ok, your system is similar to mine, except a little better.

So I'm assuming similar settings may get you in the ballpark. I'd first write down the important settings you have now in case you want to go back to where you are.

Here are my settings, you can try these and see if it helps:

Attachments

• data.gif
    data.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 21
  • general.gif
    general.gif
    20 KB · Views: 20
  • multitrack.gif
    multitrack.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 21
  • system.gif