Center of the core,feedback please!

emser

I was aiming for an organic sounding song.
Is it just a mess or does it make sense.
I think i spend a week programming the drums, kill them gently.
The flute sound in the intro is me blowing in a pvc tube, and thats where the song took of.
Please let me know what you think about everything.
Go to
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/emsermusic.htm
and scloll down to "Center of the core"

Thanks

/emser

emser said:
I was aiming for an organic sounding song.
Is it just a mess or does it make sense.
I think i spend a week programming the drums, kill them gently.
The flute sound in the intro is me blowing in a pvc tube, and thats where the song took of.
Please let me know what you think about everything.
Go to
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/emsermusic.htm
and scloll down to "Center of the core"

Thanks

/emser

come on give it to me.

/emser

This is a good song! How old are you? The only thing I didn't like was the drums. They were too far back in the mix and I couldn't really hear anything except for a scratchy snare.

Thank you!
I´m 35.
Did you just kill my drums? :=(
Would you like "normal" drums better?

/emser

No the drums are fine they sit quite nicely with the rest, I very much like the singer, but I feel the 2nd harmonies (chorus I think) are too loud, the flute thing is crazy, but it works.

Good job I think. Weird song. Weird song. But I like it :)

tnx
Do you feel that the lead is fighting with the 2nd harmonies.
Shall i bring them down or cut low?

/emser

emser said:
tnx
Do you feel that the lead is fighting with the 2nd harmonies.
Shall i bring them down or cut low?
/emser

I feel that its too high in volume, I like harmonies to be there but not in your face, they should sound more natural, quiet down the backing ones there I think.

Its amazing what 2 years living in a recording studio, watching a learning can do. Now I'm trying to emulate a studio with the equipment I have. It's not sounding too bad....need a good vocal mic though....a cheap good condenser mic would do it I reckon, anyway, if you wouldn't mind returning the favour and having a listen to my mp3 and commenting in my post, I'd be much obliged!

Cheers,
Rich

it will have to be haedphones though, my studio is down due to moving. I´ll do my best with them.

/emser

Back