Celtic Black metal

arsenaultk9

This is a new project I've been working on. I know drums aren't that good, but all other instruments(and drums aren't that bad) are very well to listen to.

For the black metal fans I highly recommend "Printemps de haine" and "Cali"

For the celtic/folk fans I recommend "Par le vent"

Anyway thanks for listening and comments are more than welcomed.

Link:
http://www.lastfm.fr/music/wendess

Par le vent was really quite pleasant until the vocals came in - I can't see the point - it's not surrealistic, maybe a juxtaposition but not a creative combination except for a giggle. A whispered or rasped vocal would've worked better for my ears.
Pritemps de haine - the vocals sound like sid vicious try to do john lydon or maybe somethnig from Meet the Residents. Again the msuic's not too bad at all - doesn't have the click the bass drum requires though it has the rapidity for it.
The guitars aren't overly interesting until you bring in the diff textures at 2.20.
I can't hear the deep ambience you talk of - someof it sounds like sabbath when they were doing softer, prettier songs like snow blind or changes or such and even some of the quieter bits of King Crimson.
interesting stuff.
Quite well recorded - the bass drum is too loud in the quiet sections of ...de haine.
thanks for the chance to listen - interesting stuff - - I'll look forward to listening to your progress

Thanks for the comments, it's nice to see a none Black Metal fan point of vue on Black Metal music. Indeed, I understand the point you comment on the voice just seems like a juxtaposition and not surealistic. Well the song is quite intended for it also as it is to please a Black Metal audience. Still, I guess vocals could be further defined(without actually wsipering them). As for other comments thanks a bunch, theses shall be considered in my futur mix :)

Well I think the bands like Astrofaes, Agalloch and maybe a little Drudkh go within the same concept. Althought, this is more a mix of folk/spiritual and black metal.

Folk/ xxxxxMetal is a sort of metal blending folk influences(music that is associated with the folklore of a country) with the type of metal specified be the xxxxxxx's. To give a global image folk metal might be medieval metal witch blends the images of a knight and dragons for the type of chord progression and melodies, but with a much intenser feel covered by the thick distortionned guitar and that heavy drumming.

Back