cd won't play through layla card

mfro98

I have a layla sound card hooked up to my monitors and my computer. My problem is... when i put a cd into my computer and try to play it on winamp or windows media player, or even the cd burner software, the sound keeps coming out of the on board gateway soundcard to my desktop speakers. Mp3's play fine and recording with cubase works as well with the layla card. All my "Sounds and Multimedia" settings seem to be right. I have the layla card selected for playback and record but the cd's wont export to the card and out to the monitors. Ive looked in the winamp settings but cant find a fix. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Depending on the software used, a CD can be played either analog or digitally. To play back in analog mode requires a wire connecting the CD-ROM to your soundcard. Many of the higher end (prosumer) soundcards do not have the required connection to allow this.

However, without the connection you can still play back digitally - if your playback software supports it.

The newer versions of Windows Media Player support digital playback. I think the newer versions of WinAmp do also. Check around in the options for the program and look for a digital playback setting.

Try emailing tech support. I have a Midiman Delta 44, and their tech support told me how to get CDs playing through the Delta. It invovled some sort of plug-in for winamp, so that the CD would be "extracted" on the fly, and the wav output routed to the Delta. Good luck! My CDs sound wonderful through my Delta and into my Tannoy Reveals!
-Evan

Back