CD-R's

BLISS

Peep it, I'm in the market for a CD burner
thing is I know the Phillips CD-R sometimes
mess up (out of 5 tracks the 3 wont play or sometime the whole thing doesnt play)

well upon my investigation I spotted the
FOSTEX CR 300, pretty cool except price, but
I'm willing to sacrafice.

the Phillips is with SCSI, and the FOSTEX
is a seperate rack unit with digital connection, so my question is should I hold out and pay the $899.00 price tage or just purchase a CD-R (anyone cheaper than the FOSTEX's price)and deal with the little intervals that may not exactly happen all the time

tough choice

why not an internal CD/RW for the computer? Way cheaper than those. Also, if you have a 20 or 24 bit soundcard, your CD's will sound much better than trying to mix to a 16 bit recorder.

Ed

If you go for the internal PC CDR, stay away from the HP CDR. I have one, and it will not record CD's anymore. There is a law suite against HP and Philips for these faulty devices.

Yeah ... go with an internal PC CDR writer if you can ... there's just a lot more flexibility and it's a lot cheaper than a stand alone unit.
If you have no choice and have to get a stand alone burner, I think you can do better than Fostex at that price.
I actually have a Tascam CDRW5000 that I bought for around $1000 2 years ago. I've heard recently that those are now going for around $600 at Guitar Center. I think it's a very reliable unit. I've had no problems with it or any recordings made on it.
I am going to get rid of it at some point, though. As soon as I scrape the $ together for a good sound card and internal CDR. I just think you can do alot more with an internal burner.

Good Luck!

I'll second that on the Tascam CDRW5000 for a stand alone unit. I've been using mine for a year now with no problem. At $999.00 it was a good buy. The current price is $699.00.

I would never sell mine though. It's just too easy to use.

I agree with sonusman.. Get an internal CDR and look for a Yamaha or Plextor. These both support digital audio. Some of the others only support .wav or other formats. Most of the Yamaha units come with Easy CD Creator software which works really well. SCSI is the best way to go, so even with the SCSI card you can get your computer up to speed for a few hundred bucks or better if you shop around.

This probably nuts but here it goes
how would I install a internal CDR, If I have
a CD unit on my computer already ?

Back