cd from minidisc 4 trak?

bunnyfunk1

I have recorded some good music on my sony minidisc 4 trak, and I want to dump it to cd so friends and family can have a copy. I just dont know what to buy. I have thought about those phillips cd recorderes, since they can record from an analog source, which my 4 trak is, but they are a little out of my price range at 600.00. I have seen cd burners at computer stores that say "make your own music cd" and are priced around 250. but I am not sure how these work, or if my computer will work with them. I am not very schooled when it comes to computers. please give me some help and ideas.

I have seen Philips consumer CD recorders as low as $399, but they don't have either the dual CD capability or the rewritable function, so you only get on shot at making your disc. With that in mind, if you plan on mastering from the minidisc 4-track, you might want to practice your mix before going to CD. Check out the homerecording site and see the article about mastering to video tape. By the way, if friends and family have Hi-Fi or stereo video machines (likely in most homes) maybe the VCR option is better. You can always remix if you don't get it right the first time.

Peace, Jim

I don't know if you have a Fry's Electronics
store in your area, but I just purchased a Philips 560 CD recorder. It has digital and analog connections in and out, and a Light pipe type connector (In only). FOR $299!

It sounds great! and will record CDR's and CDRW's. I also got Audio CDR's for about $1.70 ea. I am using it for making masters and test mixdowns. The CD's are cheap enough to give away!

Dom Franco

I don't think Fry's has a website..... I will keep looking for prices though. I know the cost will keep droping on these CD recorders!.

Dom Franco

Fry's doesn't have a web site and they don't do mail order and in general they're a lousy place to shop, but they do have everything for electronics freaks like me. Here's a secret URL that will tell you what they have on sale though:
http://www.shoppinglist.com/sl/p?p=n&by=store&store=Fry's%20Electronics

I just saw the dual Philips CD-R decks at Costco last night, I think for $399...whoops, more like $469 and here's the URL: http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=product%2Easp&catid=79&subid=80&prdid=4365&hierid=119&log=

It did have a lot of ins and outs! Pretty impressive amount of technology in any case, and if the price is getting reasonable on the blanks it makes sense for a lot of people.

But I still think it's hard to beat the amount of WAV file editing you can do on a computer...

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 10-22-1999).]

Back