CD Formats / Fostex FD-8

pinoynet

hi all, i've got a question. i'm gonna get the fostex FD-8 and plan to record to Zip. does anyone know if the actual data files can be read in windows and if so, is there software that will take it direct from the zip and convert it to CD format so i can burn it onto a cdr? thanks in advance...

hey..i have the fd-8 and ill try to help ya..but if im wrong someone please correct me...you cant burn a cd to one of those burners directly from the fd-8..you have to use one of those stand alone cd recorders..and as for the windows thing..um...sorry...dont know....hope i helped a little

spin

I have the fd-8 I like alot.
I bought a philips dual deck cd recorder and it work fine.
The cds for the philips machince cost alot more than the data cds.
The philips machine only records audio cds wich cost about $3-$5
If you burn to a computer cdr the disc's are like $1-$2each.

I wish I had known that there were 2 different types of cds before I got the philips machine.
There is data cd and audio cd,It totally confussed me at first.
I went out and bought 20 data cds,and to my surprise,my philips machine wouldnt record.

I love the FD-8,its a nice afordable multitracker,but you gotta think about what youre going to record too,and what type of dat,cdr or tape machine you want to make dupes with.

ok whisky...before i buy a phillips recorder...is there a way i can go from my fd-8..into my puter...than burn a cd?..at the moment i have no music software on my puter...i dont even have a burner but i can get one alot cheaper than the philips machine

thanks,spin

spin, you should be able to get the music into your computer through the line in on your sound card and save to a wav file. once you do that, most cd burners come with software to take those files and burn them into a playable cd. the only limiting factor would be the quality of your soundcard and how much diskspace you have, since the files will be large. what i am looking for is the ability to take the raw data files that the FD-8 saves and take those straight to cd, avoiding the whole sound card thing altogether...

If you want to avoid the computer all together the Philips cd recorder will do it.
You just plug the stereo out from the fd-8 to the stereo ins on the philips machine.
But as I said before,the cds are more expensive and harder to find.
But if you just mix down to the philips and then send the final mix off to a duplication company,then who cares!

I guess it all depends on preferance.

Later

true...but if i send it out to a duplication company..ill just send em my dat...i cant wait for cd recording at home to be more mainstream

thanks guys
spin

Back